top of page
GILBERT SCOTT BUILDING, UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW
UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW
The South Staircase sits within the seminal Gilbert Scott Building, designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott as part of the new University of Glasgow campus in the 1860’s. It was never fully complete and, by 2014, was in poor condition despite its importance as the main entrance to the University. It was our recommendation that it be repaired, decorated and furnished in the spirit of the original design. Bespoke stencil patterns, carpets, furniture and light fittings were all executed with complete integrity by outstanding craftsmen in the Gothic Revival style.
bottom of page